We’re an event technology company (sorry if you were expecting food)!
We work mainly with mobile apps and RFID at a huge range of events and for a varied list of clients – big brands and companies but also much smaller ones too.
Our first office was in a shipping container at the Village Underground creative arts and business hub in Shoreditch. The second, a storage unit in a converted car park in Hoxton and now we reside in a converted chapel in Cambridge Heath. Having grown from a team of two to a team of ten in the last four years, we literally got too big for our box(s)! Culturally we’re still the same team though – we’re as happy to wear shorts in the summer, as we are to don our smart shoes and head into client offices for ‘proper’ meetings.
This is a very active role in a fast-growing startup. You will be supporting the Noodle Live events team with event planning and app management. Although this is an entry-level role there will be room for you to progress as the company expands.
Event Industry Jobs
- Assist the Project & Event Managers with event planning
- Contribute to planning, research & development of event planning process
- Database management
- Calendar management
- Liaise with suppliers to request and confirm orders
- Research new suppliers and produce quotes for ad-hoc requests
- Responsible for badge management & reconciliation
- Responsible for testing & packing all event equipment
- Assist the Tech Manager in setting up the RFID readers
- Maintain event equipment & inventory
- Booking staff travel & accommodation
- Assist the App Success Manager with app planning
- Attend client meetings to assist in demonstrating and planning the app for their event
- Contribute to planning, research & development of app planning process
- Liaise with the internal technical development team to create and deploy the technology
- App data input
- Asset creation
- Liaising with client to support them with their app creation
- Manage the support queries inbox
Event Support (On-Site)
- Assist with event setup & management
- Provide excellent customer service at events
- Run live polling and Q&A
- Man app support desk
We’re looking for someone who’s tech-savvy, personable and confident in juggling multiple projects often with very tight lead times. This is an active role within in a young business. We’re a small team so need someone who’s ready to hit the ground running with a massive ‘can do’ approach!
You will need to be someone who is hardworking, enthusiastic, ready to get his or her hands dirty but most importantly up for sharing a drink at the end of the day.
- Wonderful interpersonal skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude
- Super organised with excellent attention to detail
- A perfectionist with control freak tendencies
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently on own initiative and under instruction as part of a team
- Calm but quick thinking under pressure
- Microsoft and Adobe basics
- Office environment & administrative experience
- Customer service experience
- Interest in events & technology
- Understanding of RFID
- Experience working at events
Salary is £20,000 per annum depending on experience.
This is a full-time role with the successful candidate to start on ASAP.
Office hours are 10-6 but this will vary on event days. We work a 40 hour week and overtime (within reason) is awarded as TOIL.
Please include your CV and a brief covering letter in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the position.